Top 10 of 2015 (1): Best Books I've Read in 2015
If you haven’t yet heard of the Top 10 of 2015 week-long event, it's hosted by Fiktshun, Jaime of Two Chicks on Books, Mindy of Magical Urban Fantasy Reads, and Nancy of Tales of a Ravenous Reader. In a nutshell it’s where readers share their favorite bookish lists over a time period of five days (leaving your post links in the daily Linky Lists).
Each host blog is hosting their own giveaways on four of the five days of this challenge:
- Day One giveaway: Fiktshun
- Day Two giveaway: Jaime of Two Chicks on Books
- Day Three giveaway: Nancy of Tales of a Ravenous Reader
- Day Four giveaway: Mindy of Magical Urban Fantasy Reads
So be sure to check in with each of these blogs this week!
Best Books I’ve Read in 2015**
I've read so many great books this year that I wish I could tip my invisible hat to them all by adding them to this list. Also, there are so many books that I'm sad about not having gotten to this year (it's been a busy year with graduating college, attending a summer grad program, and participating in the job hunt), but I have high hopes of getting to them and more in the next year!
Anyways, below are the top 10 books I've read in 2015 (in no particular order):
- Slamdunked by Love (One-on-One, #2) by Jamie Wesley
This book caught me by surprise--in a good way. I hadn't read a sports romance in a while, and when I read this I was just like "Oh my god, yes!" Too funny--I mean all those pirate jokes? So good. #africanamericanromance #weneeddiverseromance
2. Neighbors with Benefits (Anderson Brothers, #2) by Marissa Clarke
So, I read this series backwards. I started with book three, but then I had to go back and read books one and two because the third book made those characters story's sound freaking hilarious. And this one was! So funny. Michael was the perfect control-freak-but-secretly-a-big-teddy-bear hero for me.
3. Worth the Fall (The McKinney Brothers, #1) by Claudia Connors
This book came out of nowhere for me! It wasn't even on my radar, but I was scouring Goodreads for an internship task, and I found it, and I read it, and I loved it. I think this is my all time favorite contemporary romance now--that's saying a lot. Every single character is so well-developed even all four of the kids!
4. The Lux series (ALL OF IT, #1-5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Amazing. Simply amazing. Okay, so this is kind of cheating--it's five books, but I binge read them in a week so I'm counting them as one continuous book. *Oblivion is on my soon-to-be-read list*
5. Born in Ice (Irish Born, #2) by Nora Roberts
Gray was a hero that totally surprised me in every way. I love that he wrote horror stories, and I loved the way he talked about writing them. Plus, I'm a sucker for any story set in Ireland. It's my dream to move there one day.
6. All I Want (Animal Magnetism, #7) by Jill Shalvis
I loved that the heroine was older than the hero (not older in a creepy cougar kind of way--just a few years), and the interaction with characters from past books in the series and the interaction with animals is great. I love a good fictional pet!
7. Make Me (Broke and Beautiful, #3) by Tessa Bailey
Russell is the sweetest. The whole series builds up to this book--the hottest, smuttiest book I've read all year.
8. The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines, #6) by Richelle Mead
The perfect ending to a series I've dedicated years of my life to (haha so many years!). May #Sydrian live on forever.
9. Falling for the PI (Still Harbor, #1) by Victoria James
I said it in my review, and I'll say it again: this book has so much going for it! Not only does it hit all of the points a good romance should, but the book addresses domestic violence, single mom adoptions, abuse of authority, and special needs kids. SCORE. Also, this book enlightened me to the wonderfulness that is poutine.
10. Until Friday Night (The Field Party, #1) by Abbi Glines
This book got me out of my reading slump. I cried a lot, which was a nice release. The story is just so good, and I can't wait to read the next of the series.
- Second Chance Summer by Jill Shalvis
- Forever with You by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Playing the Player by Lisa Brown Roberts
- The Alpha Pack series (#1-4) by JD Tyler
- Fashionably Dead Down Under by Robyn Peterman
**(DOESN’T HAVE TO BE RELEASED IN 2015, JUST A BOOK YOU’VE READ IN 2015)
PS. I have new reviews coming your way soon! Happy Holidays!